IT Lead Technician
Purpose: Responsible for IT activities across a wide range of users and applications.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Installation and maintenance of IT equipment and software (PC’s and Mobile Units).
- Configuration/maintenance/ backup of local IT servers.
- Perform Cable and wireless network maintenance including the installation of network cables.
- Contribution of suggestions for system improvement. Suggestions must be compatible with existing systems and in focus with company goals.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, networking equipments, printers, APs and scanners etc.
- Co-ordinate/follow up with Central IT Teams off-shore or with external vendors for resolution of issues
- Setting up account, access, Emails for new users through vendors
- Monitor Infrastructure and business applications (e.g. issue logging and performance) for uptime and availability as per business needs.
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Providing technical support across the company – Savannah, Pooler & Atlanta (this may be in person or over the phone)
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
- Training more junior staff members & users
- Knowledge of Windows CE for mobile units.
- Certification in networking and server management is preferable.
- Familiarity with Ethernet networks including both wire and fiber optic and with wireless (WiFi).
- Ability to use logic to research and identify problems and proactively resolve problems in a timely and professional manner.
- Some standing and walking is required.
- May be required at time to use a person lift to access equipment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, if necessary.
- Ability to take direction and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to interact with people of differing backgrounds and education levels and communicate effectively with team members.
- Ability to work overtime as needed to meet Company goals.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and meet deadlines.