About Us - Strength of Nature, U.S.
Strength of Nature(SON) is a USA based company (acquired by Godrej Consumer Products
Limited in 2016) with a strong global presence. It has a compelling portfolio of leading hair
care brands with affordable and innovative products, and has been serving women of
African descent across 50 countries. It is committed to providing value-priced, premiumquality
hair care products to multicultural consumers around the world. Strength of Nature
markets a number of leading brands including African Pride, MegaGrowth, Motions, Just for
Me, TCB, Beautiful Textures, Soft & Beautiful and Dr. Miracles.
What’s it like to work at Godrej?
We want you to be the best that you can be and encourage you to take ownership for your
career. We are looking for aspirational professionals who are motivated by innovation,
creative thinking and collaboration. You will be joining a team of people who have been
raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s
felt around the world.
The eCommerce manager will be responsible for defining and rolling out the eCommerce
and CRM strategy. To be successful, this role requires daily interaction with Brand
Marketing, Creative, Supply Chain/Demand Planning, Customer service and 3rd party
vendors. This position requires a high level of analytical, consumer, interpersonal skills and
requires demonstrated experience managing a commercial plan.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
This position will focus on growing business for Godrej USA’s portfolio of categories and
As an E-Commerce Manager, you will need to be well versed in setting up and driving
business growth through 3rd party platforms (Amazon, E-retailers) and online and offline
conversion– SEM, Affiliate, on and off platform media.
The role requires a conversion driven mindset. You must be obsessed with granular
results and have an agile test and learn mindset. While building strong commercial plans
is a given you need to be driving conversion at every level of the consumer funnel.
Working in collaboration with the brand team to strategize and execute best in class
digital programs, to meet our brand objectives and business needs.
This includes taking initiative, working cross-functionally, and executing programs from
start to finish with acquisition and retail partners to ensure budget/sales objectives are
achieved. In this role, you will need the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
and manage internal and external resources to bring projects to life, while maintaining a
results driven approach.
- P+L leadership for E-commerce channel
- Relationship management of strategic contacts at retailers such as Amazon Strategic
- Analysis of category and NPD opportunities.
- Overseeing inventory management and supply co-ordination
- Management of agency buying on platform media e.g. Amazon on platform
- Creative leadership of copy and content on platform in conjunction with brand and
• 5+ years of progressive experience in eCommerce
• Ensures alignment with Marketing, Supply Chain, and Internal teams on content and
• Budget planning and reconciliation.
• Project execution and strategy.
• Analyse and report performance, analytics and make recommendations.
• Be accountable for the effectiveness of digital campaigns, programs and partnerships with
third party agencies, media and technology partners.
• Basic Technical knowledge with experience working with 3rd party integrations, tagging
• Willingness to learn new technologies and platforms.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to provide optimization recommendations.
• Experience with Google Analytics.
• Experience with Amazon seller central and Walmart.com.
• Experience with Amazon on platform media buying.
• Experience with setting up and running profitable D2C sites.
• Excellent organizational skills with avid attention to detail and follow through. Ability to
adapt to change as needed.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication, negotiation skills.
• Proven ability in successfully running multiple projects.
• Ability to self-motivate, work independently, and as part of a team.
• Clear understanding of full customer journey.
• Manage budgets and optimize campaigns as needed to drive growth with qualified
• Advanced PC skills (MS Word, Microsoft Outlook Calendar & E-Mail, Excel, Power Point