Pre-weighing and preparing ingredients to be used for individual batches for a variety of production orders while supervising the process of chemical use in the warehouse, preweigh, and compounding departments.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for receiving, put-away storage and handling of all raw materials
• Supervising Pre-weigh team members
• Ensuring all physical and systematic processes are being followed
• Train preweigh employees
• Responsible for housekeeping and cleanup of chemical spills
• Inspects physical condition of ingredients.
• Places chemicals on scales and adds or removes chemicals to obtain specified weight.
• Prints batch sheets from schedule and reads them to accurately weigh material.
• Accurately transfers lot and chemical identification from raw material to new container and batch sheet.
• Accurately documents and records weight of materials used on batch sheets.
• Dumps materials in prescribed sequence into pre-weigh bags and/or containers.
• Keeps hoses and hardware off production floor to avoid microbial contamination
• Operates within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
• Follows good manufacturing guidelines and 5S procedures
• Safely operates pallet jacks to move tote bins, drive forklift to move chemicals as needed.
• Assists with a clean and safe environment by cleaning weighing instruments
• Cooperates and communicates effectively with other employees
• Other duties as required
• Supervising a team of 8-12 people
• Handling and weighing of raw materials
• Handling dangerous goods materials
• Experience using SAP or any warehouse management system
• Worked in manufacturing warehouse environment
• Excellent Computer skills such as Microsoft Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and standard operating procedures.
• Mathematical aptitude – able to use mathematical skills to transfer the right amount of chemical to containers.
• Flexibility to work overtime as well as different shifts to meet Company goals.
• GED/High School Diploma required.
• Must be computer literate and able to speak, read and write English.
• Must be able to pay close attention to detail.
• Forklift experience a plus.
• Weighing, lifting and dumping 50 - 60 pound bags of raw material from shoulder height to waist height regularly throughout shift.
• Maneuvering 450 pound drums full of raw material onto drum arms.
• Safely opening material containers.
• Washing and sanitizing large stainless steel tanks.
• Extensive standing, bending, and walking is required.