Waste Water Technician
Current opening is for weekend only, working three 12-hour shifts on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Under direct supervision of the Maintenance Manager, assist in the operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant and collection system; performing a variety of tasks, including laboratory analysis.
- Monitor and record all flows at the wastewater to the treatment plant, including plant influent and effluent flows.
- Perform sampling and process control testing to maintain proper levels of flows, waste/return sludge rates, solids inventory and solids mass balances.
- Perform routine maintenance of valves, pumps, piping and related equipment necessary for the operation and maintenance of the treatment of waste water.
- Assist in repair of broken piping and related appurtenances and equipment in the collection system.
- Assist in performing sewer service line connection inspections.
- Assist with sludge management plan.
- Perform general housekeeping and grounds keeping duties.
- Other duties as may be required or assigned, including assisting other departments to achieve assigned tasks.
- Ability to read, analyze and understand various directives and regulations of federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints of the sanitary sewer collection system and wastewater treatment facility.
- Ability and mechanical skill to perform maintenance tasks within the treatment facility and in the collection system.
- Ability to stay updated with new EPA required testing and new lab tests and equipment.
- Knowledge and appreciation of safety requirements regarding handling of hazardous chemicals.
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- A minimum of 2 years of Industrial Wastewater experience in related processes.
- A Georgia Class 3 wastewater certification or higher is required at the time of employment