Employee Relations Specialist
To provide professional level of Human Resources background and experience to carry out responsibilities in employee relations in a manufacturing environment.
- Advises employees and management on the interpretation of personnel policies, programs and procedures of the company. Counsel managers and employees consistent with company policies/practices, legal considerations, etc. and facilitate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Assists in investigation and resolution of employee grievances and coordinates processes of responding to complaints.
- Interviews workers to gather information on their responses to general factors that affect worker morale, motivation and efficiency.
- Reviews and/or meets with management to discuss possible disciplinary actions to be taken.
- Interviews workers to determine reactions to specific actions taken. Prepares reports on workers' comments and actions taken.
- Assists in preparation of responses to unemployment claims.
- Partners with manufacturing departments on incentive plans including roll out, data compilation, tracking and communication
- Facilitate training as necessary, such as new hire orientation
- Maintain training files/training log and tracks training data
- Coordinates required training and certification completions
- Works with 3rd party trainers to schedule sessions
- Provides feedback and information to the HR Team regarding daily HR issues presented by employees.
- Coordinating all contracting staffing needs such as requests with manager, reporting needs of temp numbers/names, and submitting invoices for approval and to finance, assisting finance with any corrections needed.
- Coordination of on-boarding with new employee on the job training
- Conducts twice daily plant walk throughs for employee engagement conversations
- Responsible for handing out 401k packets monthly and tracking return of forms
- Review and assists managers with the content of annual performance evaluations.
- Tracks completion of performance management cycle
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Human Resources in particular supporting Employee Relations function.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Bachelor's degree. (with concentration in Human Resources preferred)