Add raw materials and follow the formula requirements to complete production orders. Follow standard batch instructions to accurately weigh dyes, chemicals, and other substances into the equipment. Check for consistency in various batches and measure the viscosity of the mixtures.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Skillfully mix and compound ingredients according to established formulas and procedures
- Precisely weigh, measure and feed raw materials into a batch
- Follow good manufacturing guidelines
- Monitor equipment and observe production throughout the batch process.
- Safely operate forklift and pallet jacks to gather raw materials
- Clean, sanitize and inspect tools, pumps, tanks, pipelines and other equipment.
- Deliver finished batches to filling lines via pipeline or tanks
- Accurately document and record process information such as chemical used, lot numbers, time, cleaning procedure, etc.
- Insure a clean and safe environment
- Cooperate and train other operators
- Other duties as required
- 6 months of manufacturing experience. Prior experience as a compounder or blending operator is preferred.
- A complete working knowledge of the manufacturing procedures is preferred.
- Prior experience in a similar job highly desirable.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to work overtime as well as different shifts to meet Company goals.
- Extensive standing and walking is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, if necessary.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor including bending and lifting.
- Ability to take direction and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members.