Position Summary: Hands on supervisory role monitoring and directing the areas of AP, AR, and Treasury. Perform daily and monthly accounting activities in accordance with GAAP.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- General Ledger & Year End Work
- Supervision Areas
- Accounts Payable
- Reconcile General Ledger Accounts
- Prepare accrual, prepaid spreadsheets in preparation for month end close
- Credit Card / Concur Expense reconciliation
- Year-end reporting including 1099’s
- Communicate with Internal and External Auditors
- Review and process Commercial Insurance Renewals
- Review high volume invoice processing in SAP software
- Manage weekly payments including Wires, ACH, Checks, Credit Cards and Advances
- Focus on streamlining the AP process and utilizing all aspects of SAP
- Coordinate with other departments on resolving any discrepancies
- Prepare Vendor confirmations reports
- Review preparation of Bank reconciliation files
- Maintain Cash flow tracking schedule
- Understand and establish parameters to maintain system internal controls
- Cross functional team participation for process improvements
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- 5-10+ years Supervisory Experience, with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable experience
- General understanding of accounting practices and principles.
- Experience with automated accounting programs and systems. SAP a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office including pivot tables and V lookup formulas.
- Must possess proficient ability to communicate in English in oral and written format.
- Ability to apply discretion and trust with confidential material.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial data.
- Ability to effectively apply analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time managing skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency