Experienced Machine Operator
Apply knowledge and skills to lead production lines and operate machines. Conducts machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
- Oversee operations of assigned line including usage of correct materials, correct fill levels, marking and packaging.
- Monitor line performance including speed, fill volume, proper sealing, cap torques or other standards.
- Make adjustments that are needed to keep the machines operating properly and efficiently.
- Document production data including items produced, line speeds scrap and other required data.
- Track materials used, produced and returned to stock.
- Perform cleaning and sanitation on equipment.
- Insure bulk holding tanks are emptied to maximize yield.
- Provides repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required service.
- Ensures the safety, cleanliness and organization of work area.
- Other duties assigned by your supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Technical training; exposure to high-speed equipment
- 5+ years of related experience in packaging machines/production machines
- Prior experience on operating equipment preferred.